The Master of Arts in Christian Formation and Discipleship is a continuation of the founding program for the Centre of Christian Formation and Discipleship. It is held as a YWAM University of the Nations School.
The cohort consisted of 19 YWAM Christian workers from 10 nations in discipleship focussed ministries working in Asia-Pacific, Africa, Australia, North American, the Middle East and South Asia. The entry requirements included at least 7 years of Discipleship-focussed ministry which was required in order that the course would engage concrete ministry contexts rather than simply be a discussion of ideas.
The Program consisted of 6 Modules:
1. Spiritual Formation – In Historical Perspective
2. Foundations in Theology for Discipleship I
3. Human Development
4. Facilitating Formation through Education
5. Foundations in Theology for Discipleship II
6. Growing Disciples who Grow the Kingdom
The program has been running since August 2016 and will be completed May 2019. The Candidates who are currently completing capstone projects and thesis in areas as diverse as;
- How community embedded practises of grief can contribute to Christian Formation
- Develop Life coaching practises and content that deepen Spiritual formation
- Exploring the role of Eschatological belief and it’s impact on Discipleship amongst Mizo Churches (Northern India).