The Master of Arts in Christian Formation and Discipleship was a founding program for the Centre of Christian Formation and Discipleship. It was held as a School within YWAM's University of the Nations.
M.A. in Christian Formation and Discipleship | Switzerland | 2015 to 2018
The cohort consisted of 20 YWAM Christian Workers from 10 nations in discipleship focussed ministries across Brazil, the Caribbean, North America and throughout Europe and South Asia. The entry requirements included at least 7 years of Discipleship-focussed ministry which was required in order that the course would engage concrete ministry contexts rather than simply be a discussion of ideas.
The Program consisted of 6 Modules:
1. Spiritual Formation – In Historical Perspective
2. Foundations in Theology for Discipleship I
3. Human Development
4. Facilitating Formation through Education
5. Foundations in Theology for Discipleship II
6. Growing Disciples who Grow the Kingdom
The program has run from November 2015 and will be completed by November 2018.
Current candidates are engaged in completing capstone projects and thesis in areas as diverse as;
- Exploring the role of Joy in Spiritual Formation
- Integrating completive practises and Intercession for evangelicals
- An embodied theology of design, creativity and the arts
Sign up to receive our Updates and Resources!
Plus be notified of upcoming events, new blogs, and general news about the Centre.